Allocator is a software and data-as-a-service company, providing integrated data management solutions to the alternative investments industry. We champion the pursuit of clarity, opportunity and efficiency for capital allocators around the world and are fast becoming the innovation partner of choice for the world’s leading investment offices. We help private market investors transform their investment operations and research processes by providing a world-class data and analytics platform to support their investment decision processes.
At Allocator our people and culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. We strive for excellence through innovation in a collaborative and agile environment and are always looking for great people to work with us to build the next generation of data management and software solutions for the alternative investment management industry.
About the Role:
As the Head of Product for Allocator, you are in charge of defining and driving the product strategy and are tasked with establishing and executing on the overall Allocator product roadmap. By partnering with Technology, Sales, Data, Marketing and Customer Success, you will be responsible for establishing and delivering the product vision and roadmap for Allocator. You will act as both product expert and strategist to translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and Allocators intellectual property into innovative deliverables that solve user problems and evangelize those innovations both internally and externally.
As the Head of Product, you will create a strong product culture, that values continuous, rapid testing and learning and will be responsible for instilling and sustaining a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. Great products are the result of focus and true collaboration, and as the Head of Product, you will model this behaviour every day to bring the next generation of software solutions to market.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead product strategy by harnessing the collective knowledge of all stakeholders (engineers, CEO, clients) and develop detailed requirements and features that are cost-effective
- Define vision for the product, leading on priority decisions and go-to-market strategy, in alignment with company objectives
- Scope out specific prospect/customer feedback and analyse usage data/patterns in order to validate a business requirement and detail user stories
- Support development resources in creating effective wireframes and technical specifications that will deliver on business requirements
- Establish product-market fit in new sectors, territories and expand Allocators product roadmap to new areas
- Be responsible for the Commercialisation of the product
- Work closely with the technology and research teams, deploying efficient processes, defining KPIs & product success metrics
- Work within a highly collaborative environment partner and collaborate closely with the entire leadership team to align groups toward Allocator product vision
- Own and drive the product road map while identifying and aligning teams to tackle new opportunities
- Foster a customer-centric product culture, develop teams to think strategically and create intuitive product experiences that delight our users
- Translate product strategies into clear objectives and key results that product teams and stakeholders rally around
- Evangelize Allocators customers and products internally and externally, including at industry conferences and events
- Partner with the development team to continuously refine the product development process to ensure the highest level of quality and efficiency
- Develop and drive the execution of effective product development processes that ensure efficiency without compromising on quality
- Support the annual budgeting and forecasting process
- Track the competitive landscape, macroeconomic trends, and potential M&A and partnership opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5+ years successful track record of managing product development processes
- Experience in managing agile and waterfall development cycles
- Proficient in the use of wireframing/UI tools like Balsamiq, Figma, InVision, Adobe
- Programming and SQL (highly desirable)
- Ruby on Rails experience in technical or product development a plus
- Experience with BI Tools like Sisense, PowerBI and Tableau (highly desirable)
- Understanding of financial markets (highly desirable)
- Experience with investments in Hedge Fund and Private Equity funds
- Specialised knowledge of investment data analysis
- CFA, Masters in Finance or equivalent would be beneficial
- A strong focus on cadence
- A proven ability to deliver on company objectives
- A methodical, disciplined, and insightful data-led planning approach
- Experience managing a team and hiring talented teammates
- An eye for design, UI and UX
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate multiple complex cross-functional projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Ability to actively listen to stakeholders’ needs, concerns and goals
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Proficient in the use of product development tools like Jira
- University Degree at 2-1 or equivalent from a top tier institution
Participation in the Allocator’s share option scheme will be offered in addition to salary.
Other benefits include flexible working, a professional development budget, private medical cover, monthly socials, snacks, weekly team drinks, etc.
Allocator appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.